Here are some helpful resources for energy management. If you have suggestions for additional resources, please send them to the CASDEM chairperson.
- AEE's Certification Benefits and Recognition
The most recognized and respected certification in energy management
- College Readiness
- Colorado Forest & Energy and Community Power Corporation
Not All Renewable Energy Solutions are Created the Same - Community-Based Energy from Mountain Pine Beetle (MPB) Devastation and Other Biomass Waste Presentation
- Colorado School Benchmarking Tool (September 2000, XLS, 121KB)
Preliminary benchmarking tool developed with data from Colorado schools (primarily from the front range.) See Energy Star's Portfolio Manager for the current national benchmarking tool.
- Commissioning Documents
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools has used variations of these specifications for commissioning projects for new and existing buildings: sample1(doc, 133 KB) and sample2 (doc, 1.1 MB).
- Poudre Schools 1-page RFQ for commissioning projects (doc, 28KB). Contact: Stu Reeve, 970-490-3502
- Energy Fast Facts Checklist (1 page)
Rebuild America/Energy Smart Schools' checklist of energy efficiency tips for schools.
- Energy Management Guidelines
Compiled by the Governor's Office of Energy Management and Conservation with the help of experienced energy managers in the State of Colorado
- Energy Star Portfolio Manager Training Documents for the New Web Interface
- High Performance Design Documents
- Colorado Springs District 11. District 11's model RFQ (doc, 37 KB) for A&E services that can help you select the right design team, a model contract (doc, 432 KB) that spells out energy performance targets, and sustainable design guidelines (doc, 4.3 MB) to help focus on what not to do as well as what to do to ensure buildings that are efficient and comfortable and operate as intended.
- Poudre School District. The district's Sustainable Design Guidelines (June 2000) can be used to help design teams get optimal buildings using sustainable design. This document may be downloaded as a pdf (pdf, 576 KB) from the district's site. It is also available for download here in doc (doc, 2.7 MB) format to facilitate customization of these guidelines for your district or organization. Poudre's RFQ for Architectural & Engineering Services (doc, 63 KB) was used for Poudre's new high school #4. Sustainable materials list developed for Zach Elementary, 2001. Contact: Stu Reeve, 970-490-3502.
- Summit School District. Summit's RFQ for Architectural & Engineering Services (doc, 41 KB) was used for the new elementary schools, including Silverthorne Elementary. Contact Dan Huenneke, 970-668-3011.
- Rebuild America/EnergySmart Schools. Design Guidelines is a full-color overview of the important topics for high-performance design. The Cool & Dry Climate region includes most of Colorado. The Best Practices Manual is a 450-page atlas of information. Both are available for order from EnergySmart Schools.
- Poudre School District 2008 Annual Sustainability Reports
This annual sustainability report shares some of the district’s most significant accomplishments since implementing the SMS in 2006. The report also reaffirms the district’s vision for sustainability in four topic areas: resource conservation, greenhouse gas emissions, transportation, and sustainable education.
- Collaborative for High Performance Schools, Best Practices Manual
Three-volumes can be downloaded for planning (includes case studies and general overview), design (for professionals), high performance criteria, plus materials specifications and useful appendices. (California-based but much applies to Colorado too)